Featured Post

Hello everybody! Here's my new blog!! I had to close my previous one because all the Russian spam that was commenting on my posts. It wa...

Friday, October 14, 2016

Chicken Tales: Halloween Pumpkin Treat and Chickens

I bought my hens a pumpkin today. They love veggie treats.


Gina


Nancy
Foghorn


Close up of Nancy

I gotta admit, I have a favorite and it's Nancy. She was my first hen and I raised her from a little teenage chick. I found her dumped on the side of a country road and she was starving and thirsty. Who knows how long she was roaming without food or water.


Nancy and Foghorn

Foghorn is my second fave. I adopted from the animal shelter Gina and Foghorn.Originally we all thought she was a he, so  I named her Foghorn after Foghorn Leghorn.


They haven't produced many egg yet since they are soooo old. Nancy is 5, Foghorn and Gina are 3. Foghorn is the one that gives me eggs almost everyday but she stops in mid summer through mid spring. I won't butcher them cause to begin with I'm a vegetarian, and also how can anyone think of eating their pets??





1 comment: